Social Media Users Invited for Behind-the-Scenes Tours, Launch Aug. 30-31What:
United Launch Alliance (ULA) invites avid space social media users for a social media event surrounding the launch of an Atlas V carrying the fourth Mobile User Objective System (MUOS-4) mission for the U.S. Navy from Space Launch Complex-41 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.
The ULA Social will include tours of selected ULA facilities, presentations about the rocket and mission, a photo opportunity at the launch pad and launch viewing. Detailed agenda will be sent to selected participants.
The U.S. Navy’s Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) is a next-generation narrowband tactical satellite communications system designed using a combination of orbiting satellites and relay ground stations to significantly improve communications for U.S. forces on the move. MUOS will provide new beyond-line-of-sight communications capabilities, with smartphone-like simultaneous voice, video and data – to connect military users almost anywhere around the globe.When:
Sunday, Aug. 30 (all day) and Monday, Aug. 31, 2015 (launch period is 4:07-8:07 a.m. EDT)Guidelines:
Participants will be selected from the emailed applications. Registration closes Aug. 16 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Selected individuals will be contacted by Aug. 18, 2015. Those selected must provide requested follow-up information to ULA by Aug. 20.
- Friends or family interested in participating must register separately, and the registration is non-transferable.
- Participants must be 18 years or older and a U.S. Person.
- Registration indicates you are willing to travel to the launch and understand you are responsible for your own travel, accommodation, food outside of programmed activities and other amenities. If the launch schedule changes, participants will be responsible for any additional costs they may incur.
- Participants agree that ULA and other participants can use their image and likeness in photos, videos and other forms of media, including for promotional use.
- ULA assumes no liability for any direct or consequential damages or costs incurred by participants as a result of this event and all decisions regarding eligibility and participation remain the exclusive right of ULA.
Those interested should email the following information to email@example.com
- Full name as it appears on your driver’s license
- Links to publicly viewable social media feeds/profiles that you use (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, blog, etc.)
- Any special accommodations (i.e., dietary needs or mobility accommodations)
- Date of birth
- City and state of birth
Due to security measures, additional information will be required for those selected to attend. Failure to provide the requested information on a timely basis will be considered a decline, and ULA reserves the right to award the spot to an additional participant.